True Blue QT's Blog: My first booth!

Monday, November 17, 2014

My first booth!

Ever since I was a child I enjoyed crafting and messing around with making websites. For many years after high school I've tried creating an online store. However, I wasn't very successful. I never had the willpower to make things and shipping and finances were too complicated for me. I have many dreams and goals and one of them was to open my own little shop. I've been to markets and first Friday's in town but it never crossed my mind that I could have one of my own until recently. 

I was given the opportunity to set up my very first booth at our local high school, George Jenkins. The band was hosting a Fall festival and one of the band members is my boyfriend's sister. It just so happens their mom was in charge of registration so I was one of the first to sign up!

I felt like I prepared for ever but even up until the last moment I just felt like I didn't have enough things made. I was up until 5am, just one hour and 45 minutes before I had to get up and leave! Surprisingly and thankfully, I wasn't tired until that evening.


Getting everything in and out of the car and the few trips we had to make was the most annoying part. The attendance was very poor because it was their first time but it was still worth it. Just experiencing it was really neat. I loved setting up and decorating and even though only a few people came by I still made some profit.


I also set up a donation table for this back pack project I'm doing for the homeless and our God. I made 6 backpacks full of essential items including a blanket recently and handed most of them out so far. I would like to continue doing this for the winter at least, and maybe then do something differently when the time comes. I basically had a poster, a glass jar, and the back pack on display. I also had a bowl of free candy as a little gift.


I had a lot of fun even though I just sat there for most of the time and it's because I felt proud of myself and it was awesome having all these girls come into my booth and tell me how cool everything was and they just loved being in there; one girl even wore one of my bows right away and I saw her at our local Chic-Fil-A later with it still in her hair :3

I'm hoping to apply to more markets and experience this more often. I know that I have a job selling online and I'm hoping to make this a part of it. It's very nice to work for yourself knowing that you're capable of doing so much, no matter how stressful it is sometimes. I hope to have my own boutique one day, among the many other things I dream of doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything disrespectful or rude will be deleted. Think before you type and post.